To schedule a ride call Foothills Express at 859/228-0000 or 1-800-819-7083. For additional information visit the KY River Foothills Transportation website.
A rural transit system is essential to providing access to job, services and recreational activities. Foothills Express gives riders the opportunity to live independently and participate fully in their communities. Foothills Express has provided over one million rides for residents of Clark, Estill, Madison, and Powell counties since its beginning in 1986. Riders can count on courteous drivers and safe, efficient transportation to school, work, senior citizen centers, adult and child care centers, medical facilities, and recreational destinations.
A 24-hour notice is required for all scheduled rides. Rides will be available for $1.25/per mile for individual riders and $1.50/per mile for groups. Foothills Express will be able to take riders anywhere they want or need to go.
How to Ride the Bus
Stand at the bus stop. Have your fare ready - Cash or Pass. The driver does not make change. Deposit your fare into the box next to the driver or hand your bus pass to the driver to stamp. A $1.00 bus pass can be used all day for only the date it is stamped. After that date, the bus pass is no longer valid.
- Smoking is prohibited in all Foothills Express vehicles.
- Eating and drinking is also prohibited in all Foothills Express vehicles.
- Please give up your seat to those less able than you.
- Only certified service animals and guide dogs are allowed on Foothills Express vehicles.
- Use earphones. Use radios and tape players only with earphones.
- Please put your trash in the proper receptacles.
- Don't vandalize. Vandalism is a crime, which will be punished with a fine or jail sentence. Please report all vandalism.
- Do not distract your operator while the bus is in motion.
- Be considerate of other passengers when carrying backpacks or other bulky objects in a crowded vehicle
- Firearms and weapons of any kind are prohibited on the bus.
Berea, Richmond & Winchester Public Bus Routes
Foothills Express operates a public deviated-fixed transportation route in Berea, Richmond, and Winchester. Riders are able to board the bus at any of the stops we tentatively have set up for only $1. These stops include stores, apartment communities, city and county offices and businesses. Wheelchair assisted door-to-door service is available for no additional cost. Bulk passes are available.
Riders can call 1-800-819-7083 or 859-624-3236 to schedule a ride or for more information.
309 Spangler Drive
Richmond, KY 40475