Work Experience Guidelines
- Appropriate paperwork must be on file before time can be reported.
- Students will turn in a semester schedule for referrals, clinical and practicum hours.
- Time must be reported on yellow log sheet with supervisor signature.
- Report to work promptly, and in the event of illness or emergency notify the employer and EPC staff immediately.
- Direct your energies to the satisfactorily completion of work assignments.
- Continue to pursue academic requirements toward a degree.
Students will be advised by the employer of the policies governing working conditions, hours of work, and other matters concerning employment. It is expected that the student will conform explicitly to these rules and regulations. Failure to do so will subject the student to the disciplinary and corrective procedures of the employer and will be reflected in the evaluation record completed for each work period by the employer. The evaluation record is used in determining training needs and continued employment. It is emphasized that personal appearance and attendance are extremely important factors to satisfactory job performance. Student employees losing job referral due to insubordination or failure to adhere to referral's employment guidelines will forfeit the ten hours for the remainder of the semester.
*Note: Examples of work experience opportunities:
- Co-op http://coop.eku.edu/
- Student Teaching
- Job Shadowing
- Employment in office/department other than EPC (On campus or off campus, examples: Kentucky River Foothills, Equal Opportunity Office, Diversity Office, etc.).
- This link lists positions for on Campus jobs: http://finaid.eku.edu/student-employment-services